Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Great Body Scrubs

I often go for half-leg waxing and often get ingrown hair. I get really disturbed coz the hair seems to be just stuck in the skin. So I've followed her advice to do weekly scrub or exfoliation. And that really helped me a lot. I bought a whitening shower gel from her and I apply it on my bath gloves.. and it's so shiok, coz the shower gel smells great too. too bad, I can't find a picture online to be posted here and I'm too lazy to take a picture.. The brand is called Skin Logical from Germany and it costs me $98 but got discount la, I think 15% at that time I bought it.





Another exfoliation scrub I often used is from L'oreal. It was recommended to me by a sales lady at SASA. And it's not too bad though the smell is of quite strong mint with added other stuff.. not sure. But I still prefer flower and fruity smells though. I could see some minor improvement on my hidden hairs but of course must have the disciplne which I lack sometimes. Anyway, the L'oreal scrub is quite thick, so I have to squeeze out a lot so that it's enough for my body. Quite heart pain to see that I use so much at a go... But at least it's useful and good. The best thing is that it is not very ex. i think only $29 plus. But I think all scrubs are actually quite good but I dislike those which the grains are very coarse, and it makes my skin says "Ouch!"


I used to love the products from The Natural Source, and I tried almost everything there including the desert plum mineral salt rub as well. It's really good but I don't really like the packaging because it's in a very big glass tub. Whenever I need to use, I have bring the glass tub into the bathroom, and th scrub contains a lot of those essential oils, and it makes handling messy after bath. I have to wipe the glass tub thorougly so that it doesn't make the cabinet dirty and oily. But without a doubt, the essential oil is really good for people who have dry skin like me. But I mean Singaporeans prefer hassle-free routines, and of course compared to the L'oreal, this is quite a chore to use. By the way, I don't really like the essential oil sticking on my skin after bath although it's effective for dry skin.


However, they do have one body exfoliation scrub which is heavenly. It has a kind of herbal smell but not too strong. And I feel good and refreshed after using it. The little grains are not coarse, and it just glides through your skin. And trust me, you will not mind wasting too much each time because you will want more of it on the skin. It comes in a tube so it's very easy to use and I always look foward to my 'scrubbing' sessions using this product. It's extremely heavenly!!!
But now, I'm trying to look for body scrubs from Japan coz they use very natural ingredients such as Soybean, charcoal etc.. Maybe will be heading to SASA these few days to ask the sales lady about Japanese body scrubs.

No comments: